This is a review of the movie Faster.
Starring Dwyane Johnson and Billy Bob Thorton, the movie sort of came and went quickly at the end of 2010. I don’t remember any ads for it or anything. Went it came to my library I grabbed it since I am a fan of action movies.
You’re not going to be disappointed if you’re expecting an action movie. The premise of the movie is a man done wrong who sets off to kill the people responsible. The actual reasons why aren’t important. This is a movie about revenge killing.
If you watch this movie expecting a tight plot, you’ll be disappointed. There are a number of plot holes that belong in the video game Portal as opposed to film. The biggest in my eyes was the interaction with the private investigator in the beginning of the film. We’re supposed to take it on faith he could find all those about the be killed? Ok.
What I liked about the movie:
- The Rock. Dwayne Johnson is really hitting his stride with action parts. It is good to see a new generation coming up that can act as well as fight.
- Mr. Eko. I am a huge Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, so his part was a highlight for me. He’s a great actor.
- Fight scenes. Clever and well executed, especially the bathroom scene.
What I didn’t like:
- Billy Bob. He seems to be gliding through performances lately.
- The Plot. Very thin and you can see right through it.
Looking for something to watch this weekend? Faster is a good choice, especially if you like action movies.